We were referred to this company through the christian radio station 99.3 KLTY so we thought is would be safe.

Several months went by at a rate of 11.9 Cents per KW so needless to say we were happy and seen no reason not to be. We went out of town for two weeks in July and expected our bill to be cheaper. When it arrived in the mail, much to our surprise our 11.9 cent rate jumped to 19 cents per KW and our bill was $100.00's more then the previous month despite the fact we had used HALF the electricity!

I called to inquire why and she stated it was because gas prices had increased..blah blah. Needless to say it takes approx. a month to switch companies so we had to ride it out another month before the change went into affect.

Bill number two comes in again almost $400.00's! for a mobile home! Tears streaming down my face, I didn't know what we were going to do. I still don't! To make matters worse we then received a notice the same day stating they had UNDER BILLED us for the last six months and that we were responsible for the 6 consecutive month BILLING error.

They stated that according to PUC rules and regulations they have the ability to bill you for any undercharged amount within a 6 month time frame which was exactly to the "T" what they were doing. They said in addition to the $400.00 bill for August we now owe them an additional $175.00's! for their billing error and that we have no rights but to pay!

BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! is all I can say~

I called 4 times and was referred to the bill pay arrangement desk where I was forced to leave my name and number for a call back.

I am the mother of three young children and go to school full-time pre-med. My middle child has a rare genetic disorder. Needless to say at this point in our life we are extremely low income and don't know what's going to happen from here. WE may be low income but I am highly educated and I Will report them to every person I can to prevent this from happening to more innocent people!

I've filed with the Better B.B. and the P.U.C.

I called to request bill pay assistance which they claim to have for families experiencing severe financial hardships! They referred me to 211 and told to seek help from my community providers!

AGAIN BEWARE..and please pass the word!

Had an Experience with Texas Power?

Comments

They are misrepresenting themselves.They are cheating and exhibiting Bad Faith.

Don't justt report to the town but to the state regulatory agency AND the ederal office in charge of utilities. I've found that in the south it's sometimes best to skip the local, corrupt offices likely to be getting kickbacks to look the other way. Be careful with your new company, too. It might just be a shell company operated by the same people in order to form a monopoly and cripple any consumers rights.